Thursday, June 19, 2008

Intro for Carrie the Crafting Queen (har har)

Well, I'm not new to blogging but I am new to the idea of having a singular place, with my best friends, of "showing off" my creativity.

Christie suggested having a blog to showcase our personal accomplishments (i.e. creative outlets) and I have to admit the idea had crossed my mind once or twice in the past. However, being the big procrastinator that I have become, I never got around to doing anything about it. So Christie is our blog hero of the week! Woo!

Most of the projects I work on are for other people. I enjoy giving people what I feel are truly loved gifts. Although my end product may not look anything like something you would buy at the store, I hope that the receiver of the gift understands that I took time in making it with love, just for them and with their personality in mind.

I'm very excited about this blog because I feel like all of us are very talented in different ways. We all have failures but most of all, we all have successes. I guess we'll have to show you both. It's kind of embarrassing, but sometimes you have to keep practicing to make things perfect. Yup. That's life.

Also, I'm not nearly as eloquent as Christie so don't expect any posts from me with big words or beautifully written descriptions. That's her forte :) I'm straightforward and goofy and I'm just fine with that.

So enjoy our projects and feel free to ask us questions. The whole point is to share with everyone who loves crafty things, whether it be baking, sewing or et cetera, and encourage others to find their own creative outlet.

No comments: