Okay. Not really. That's gross.
This cake is actually a kind of spice cake morphed with a fruit cake. Most people, including myself, cringe at the thought of fruit cake. Well, cringe no more people! This cake is super moist, super rich and ultra decadent. It will be a smash hit at any party. Be sure to bring some milk to wash it down!
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 eggs beaten
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 - 8 ounce crushed pineapple - undrained
1 1/8 cup chopped pecans (save 1/8 cup for frosting sprinkles)
1 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 2 1/2 bananas)
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Add (beaten) eggs and oil, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not beat.
- Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans and bananas. Stir well.
- Pour batter into 3 - 9 inch greased and floured pans. Be sure cake is thick around edges.
- Bake @ 350 degrees F for 23 - 28 minutes. Insert toothpick until clean. (My cakes were done at 20 minutes so be sure to keep a close eye on them.)
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Removed from pans and allow to cool completely on wire racks.
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 - 16 ounce package powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
- Cream butter and cream cheese with mixer.
- Gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and beat more.
- Spread cream cheese frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle pecans on top.